Thursday, January 17, 2013

Les Misérables

Helloooo!

It's been ages since I last blogged, but I've been busy spending time with the family.

Good excuse, eh?

Anyway. A few weeks ago, I went to the old cinema in the neighborhood and watched "The Hobbit: An Unexpected Journey". I went, having completely scorned the whole series, expecting a really boring film and came out of the movie theater a convert. I literally became a total obsessive Lord Of The Rings fan in the span of a few short hours. My best friend and I even had a sleepover to watch the original trilogy this week.


However, before the actual sleepover, she and I went to the city to watch "Les Misérables". For all of you who don't know, it came out at the end of last year and won many, many, well deserved awards including three Golden Globes. I absolutely, firmly believe that this film was the most beautiful picture I have EVER seen. The casting, the colors, the costumes and the singing, it was all fantastic. I have to say, Anne Hathaway's "I Dreamed a Dream" performance had me in tears and the ending scene, well, also made me sob for a good five minutes into the credits. Samantha Barks, who plays one of my favorite characters; Éponine, was absolutely incredible when she sung "On My Own". Helena Bonham Carter and Sacha Baron Cohen provided a great deal of comedy relief to balance out the rather dark moments of the film.

If you are a fan of a good old musical and don't mind crying in public, go watch the movie. I think it's worth seeing it on the big screen, so give Les Misérables a try. Eleven on a rating of one to ten.


Tina

No comments:

Post a Comment